Sunday, August 26, 2007

Mountain Man Dance Moves by the editors of McSweeney's

It's a book of lists. I wasn't going to include it as part of the fifty books project but then realized it's too funny not to share. Here are a couple of the lists:


THINGS THIS CITY WAS BUILT ON BESIDES ROCK 'N' ROLL
by Eric March

Navajo burial ground

Twelve billion tons of reinforced concrete and steel

Government-protected wetlands

Drunken dare

Waterlogged corpses of Irish immigrants

Previous bizzaro underground version of this city


ADJECTIVES RARELY USED BY WINE TASTERS
by Adam Koford

Chunky

Supercharged

Pondy

Wine-a-licious

Alcoholy

I'm pretty sure that second one is one of Nathan's favorites. For more McSweeney's lists, check out their website. For an intelligent review entirely unlike my own listen to what NPR has to say here.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

That second one is definitely my favorite, although "Things a gas station attendant calls me that make me feel intimidated" is a pretty close second:

1. Boss

2. Chief